I’m sure that I will be one of many to write about Jon Landau‘s talk at THEMUSEUM last night, and for good reason. The man did work on Avatar and Titanic and is on a “Jim” basis with James Cameron. Pretty impressive stuff. So expecting him to be personable and approachable with us mere mortals seemed to be a stretch.
Covering everything from how to massage and develop technology to work for you, to how to gain buy-in and raise morale, the talk and Jon were inspiring and refreshing. I and my fellow tweeters, spurred on by a tweet wall, had a hard time keeping up with his neatly packaged phrases. He wasn’t slick, or overly enthusiastic, he just shared pieces of his journey through the making of his two biggest films and elements of his career development.
[To see what caught our attention check out the twitter feed.]
- We see possibilities where other don’t, we learn enough to get the possibilities. #JonLandaukw
- If films can suggest the hope of a better tomorrow, then they work. #jonlandaukw
- Make everyone seem a part of it. Invite participation. It works. #jonlandaukw
- Can’t does not exist, it is how. #jonlandaukw
- And of course, Jon giving Jim Balsillie an Oscar.
Kudos to David Marskell, digital media man Derek Weidl and THEMUSEUM for continuing to bring world class experiences to KW. I thought that I would have to travel to Toronto for something like this. A fantastic evening that fueled my motivation and belief in the potential and the wonderful reality of KW.
ps -I’ve now seen Titanic twice and have a membership (a steal at $60 for two adults and only $30 for students). Support THEMUSEUM and the continuation of cherry like experiences by visiting their exhibitions and becoming a Member – you will be much cooler if you do.